Friday, February 17, 2012

Letter from Leika!


Class,

The other day I received this email from our former student, Leika. Write back to Leika and tell her what's been new for you in the past month. Write in full paragraphs. Remember our blogging rules and please stay on topic. 

Parents--this week's Learning Update is one post below...

Mr. Herzberg,

One picture was missing in the first email, and I think this one has the right picture!!
Thank you!

Hi guys! How are you? It's been about one month since I came to Taiwan, and I have been very busy!
  
My new school, Taipei American School, (we call TAS) is a huge school for Kindergarten through High School. It is over 60 years old.  It has a swimming pool, 2 large tracks and fields,  2 children play areas, 2 theaters, libraries,  labs, music and art rooms and a lot more, so I can't list all! There are 20 students in my class, and my new teacher is Mrs. Fox. The name of her class blog is Fox News!
 
 
It's such a fun environment to be in!

During Chinese New Year from January 23 to January 27,  I went to China for 5 days to spend Chinese New Year break. There were lots of "bangs" and "pops" because Chinese people celebrate a New  Year day with firecrackers, along with saying,"Gong hai fat choi!"or "Shin nien quaila!"  to each other. They both mean Happy New Year in Cantonese and Mandarin.
 

 They are my cousins!

I received a lot of Laishi, which is a red envelope with money in it. Grown-ups give children new year’s money.
 
Now my wallet is full of money!.....and candies!

In Taiwan, the food is delicious!! I eat a lot!
  
This is milk pudding. So yummy!
 

This is Wonton in soup.
 


This is sticky rice cooked in bamboo. The rice has some bamboo flavor. Ummm...good!
 


I REALLY miss my home and my friends in US, but I also enjoy my Taiwan life!
 
See ya!
Leika
 
Sent from Wong's iPad
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leika,

    Glad to hear you're doing well. Taiwan seems like a wonderful city to live in. I enjoyed reading about your new school also. Thanks for sharing some of these pictures. We are starting mid-winter break next week, and I'm headed to San Diego with my family. I can't wait! Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Take care.

    Your friend,
    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leika,

    I heard there was a 5.9 earthquake in Taiwan. I hope you are ok.

    Last weekend, I went to Moses Lake for a hockey tournament. We got a big trophy for 2nd place! I scored 3 goals in 1 game (The game we won to get the trophy, which we won, 13-2) It was really exciting. I have 5 goals on the season now! Do you play any sports like that? Is your teacher anywhere near as good as Mr. Herzberg? Does everyone speak chinese? I have a ton of question so please answer them. Please, take care.

    Your friend,
    Max

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Kasen,

    Hi how are you doing in Taiwon. The food looks good. How does it feel to finaly see your cousins in person? I hope you will write back!And answer my questions! Ha-Ha

    From,
    Kasen

    ReplyDelete
  4. FROM,MILES HI HOW IS IT IN TAIWAN. HOWS THE WAETHER THERE. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NEW SCHOOL. PLEAS ANSWER. FORM,MILES

    ReplyDelete